I’ve been thinking about writing this post for some time now. And I finally just started writing it, which means, this is probably the best time to do it….
This blog has been cathartic, a place for me to rant and rave, and discuss my love life (or lack thereof….) But it has also been a place to vent and complain and try and get some of the negativity out of my life.
And some times it worked, and at other times, it didn’t. And I would read it back over and wondered “who was that raving lunatic complaining about the world?” Of course I knew it was me, but I didn’t like what I became. The blog was supposed to fun and a place where people could discuss their dating lives and help me along the way. Sometimes I just felt worse after writing a post. Never a good thing…
For a long time this blog met its purpose of letting all disucss their experiences. But, then it turned into a sounding board for me – and me only. A whining board, really. I didn’t like what I turned it into. So for the last time, let me give you an update on where I stand:
- I am taking a break from dating. I took myself off the dating sites I was on because they turned into a crutch for me. And I would let myself get down on myself. It stopped being fun.
- I am focusing on creating a balanced life. Work is good – but it’s not overtaking the rest of my world like it used. Or well, like I let it overtake…
- I am heading to LA later this week, for what should be an amazing (albeit, short) vacation to see some friends and do some exciting new things. Once in a lifetime new things.
- I am planning trips to Nantucket, Miami, Detroit (for a baby), and possibly Denver (for a wedding) – all between May - September. Insane, I know. But you only live once. I just hope for said wedding, I have a +one to bring with me.
- I realized I am one lucky duck for having a great life – one that I both created and fell into all at the same time.
So, long story short. Thank you for the last few years of hearing my rant and rave and letting me act like a crazy lunatic. I met a lot of great peope along the way and I learned a lot of valuable lessons as well. Some of you, I no longer speak to, and as much as that sucks, I thank you for being in my life and teaching me things about me that I never thought I could or would want to learn. And I’m not necessarily referencing the men I used to date.
This has been a great experience. But like all good things, this too, shall come to an end. I wish everyone who has read this blog, even just once, a very happy life. You have enriched mine. Maybe one day I’ll return, but for now, thank you and goodbye.